Prof. Dr. Md Atiqur Rahman Ahad, SM IEEE
Dept. of Media Intelligent, Osaka University, Japan.
Topics: Skeleton and Sensor for Healthcare
Skeleton joint points are widely explored for human activity recognition (HAR), especially after the advent of MS Kinect sensor. On the other hand, various sensors are engaged in human activity and behavior understanding. Vision-based human action or activity recognition approaches are based on RGB video sequences, or depth maps, or from skeleton data – taken from normal video cameras or depth cameras. On the other hand, sensor-based activity recognition methods are basically based on the data collected from wearable sensors having accelerometer, gyroscope, or so on. There are numerous applications on HAR, however, the healthcare, elderly support, and related applications become very important arenas with huge social and financial impact. Due to the advent of various IoT sensors, it becomes more competitive as well as easier to explore different applications. The keynote will cover HAR approaches in both skeleton-based and sensor-based domains, highlight healthcare perspectives and methods. The presentation will be based on the books as follows:
- Md Atiqur Rahman Ahad, Anindya Das Antar, and Masud Ahmed, “IoT Sensor-Based Activity Recognition – Human Activity Recognition”, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, 2021.
- Md Atiqur Rahman Ahad, Upal Mahbub, and Tauhidur Rahman [editors], “Contactless Human Activity Analysis, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, 2021.
- Md Atiqur Rahman Ahad and Upal Mahbub, “Action and Activity Recognition: Datasets and Challenges”, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, 2022.
- Md Atiqur Rahman Ahad, Sozo Inoue, Daniel Roggen, and Kaori Fujinami, “Sensor- and Video-based Activity and Behavior Computing”, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, 2022.
- Md Atiqur Rahman Ahad, “Motion History Images for Action Recognition and Understanding”, Springer, 2013.
- Md Atiqur Rahman Ahad, “Computer Vision and Action Recognition: A Guide for Image Processing and Computer Vision Community for Action Understanding”, available in Springer, 2011.
- Md Atiqur Rahman Ahad, Sozo Inoue, Daniel Roggen, and Kaori Fujinami, “Activity and Behavior Computing”, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, 2020.
- Md Atiqur Rahman Ahad, Paula Lago, and Sozo Inoue, “Human Activity Recognition Challenge”, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, 2020.
Md Atiqur Rahman Ahad, SMIEEE, SMOPTICA: is a Professor, University of Dhaka (DU); Specially Appointed Associate Professor, Osaka University. He studied at the University of Dhaka, University of New South Wales, and Kyushu Institute of Technology. His authored/edited ~10 books in Springer, e.g., “IoT-sensor based Activity Recognition”; “Motion History Images for Action Recognition and Understanding”; “Computer Vision and Action Recognition”. He published ~200 journals, conference papers, book chapters, ~130 keynote/invited talks, ~40 Awards/Recognitions. He is an Editorial Board Member of Scientific Reports, Nature; Assoc. Editor of Frontiers in Computer Science; Editor of Int. Journal of Affective Engineering; Editor-in-Chief: IJCVSP http://cennser.org/IJCVSP; Guest-Editor: PRL, Elsevier; JMUI, Springer; JHE; IJICIC; Member: ACM, IAPR. More: http://AhadVisionLab.com